Winterweddingsare amazing for several reasons. They have an inner elegance that’s difficult to compare with anything else. They are classic. They are timeless. And, when combined with snow falling, they are pure magic.
Of course, if you have your heart set on a winter wedding, you’ll want to be sure that every element is perfect – and your look is most definitely one of the most important elements.
What are some beauty tips all winter brides should know? Read on and find out more.
1. Hydration. Nothing beats water – as human beings, we’re made up of no less than 60% water by weight, so we absolutely need it to function properly. The less water you drink, the more likely it is that your skin will get really dry (dehydrated). The drier your skin is, the more uncomfortable it will be, and the more difficult it will be to apply basic makeup products on it (such as foundation, for example). Many experts recommend at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
2. Moisturizing. There’s a huge difference between hydration and moisturization. While hydration can be achieved by drinking the right amount of water every day, moisturization cannot be achieved with water alone. Moisturizing involved replacing or supplementing the oils or lipids on your skin. This protects the skin and helps maintain proper moisture levels. Keep in mind though: your moisturizing cream should match your skin type. Also, keep in mind that you might need a thicker moisturizer during the winter months, because as it gets colder it often gets drier. Forced air heating can also contribute to lower humidity levels and drier skin.
3. Exercise. Getting enough exercise is absolutely crucial (every day, not just the days leading up to the wedding!). It will make you feel better, and it will considerably improve your health and your good looks too.
4. Pick the right colors. You want your makeup colors to look good in contrast with the cool weather outside. For instance, a mauve lipstick can be really bold, and it can make a huge statement -so it’s perfect for a winter wedding.
5. Don’t overdo it with your spray tan. It’s winter outside, and unless you live in a very sunny area, a fake tan that’s way too dark may look a bit out of place in the middle of winter. Consider easing up a bit on the intensity of your spray tan during winter.
Looking for the most beautiful winter wedding dresses in all of North Carolina? Contact us at Savvi NCand come visit our bridal boutique and take a look around. We guarantee you will be pleased by our selection of dresses!